Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 1 - Continued

So I set my alarm for 2:30pm to allow us to get two hours nap. I actually woke up a few minutes before and got up and started to get clean clothes for the kids and work out the number for a taxi etc.

I got the kids up and got them clean and dressed and then we got Steve up. We then headed down to the lobby and got reception to call us a cab. They called us a lovely guy called Steve with a nice town car to take us to Culver City Westfields. It was a short 10minute drive. We got his card so we could call him to get us later that evening.

We were on a mission to buy B some shoes but we had no luck. We went to Foot Locker and Foot Locker Kids but we didn't like anything. We also went to Target and got a new car seat for Brandon. I also picked up a really cute set of onsie jammies for P in a size 3. They are pink with lil monkeys and were on clearance for $6. I also got B a Swampy (from the app Wheres my water) t-shirt for about $8, he loved that! after Target Steve went to Best Buy to check out something and we also went to Old Navy. Steve got a hoodie and two polos. We had a snack from Burger King, I had a honey mustard snack wrap for like $1.69. Score! We looked at a few more stores, Steve took the kids to a candy store and they got a little bag of things each. We also had a quick look in the Disney Store. After a while we realized it was 6:10pm and we had to meet my friend Rose for dinner.

Rose and I

Our lovely kiddos!



We called a taxi and within a few minutes one picked us up outside the mall. It was only about a mile away but with tired kids and some shopping it was impossible to walk. We met Rose at Dinah's Restaurant which is famous for its fried chicken and had been around since 1959. The food was delicious. I ordered the fried chicken with coleslaw and fries. It also came with a salad. It was all really good, except for the coleslaw which was ridiculously sweet, even for my sweet tooth! Steve got the fried chicken and ribs and B got ribs and P got grilled chicken and mash. The kids got along really well with Roses two boys. Roses two were both adorable and well behaved. My two were cranky and irritable. It made for an interesting night. We finished dinner and called it a night early. We called Steve and he was there in less than 10 minutes. It was baths and bed for the kids while I packed for our flight the next morning. Alarms were set for 5:30am

Sleeping kid #1

Sleeping kid #2


No comments:

Post a Comment