Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 3 - Downtown Disney

Today was mothers day. I had planned an easy day in anticipation of our jet lagged state. This was a good idea, although we didn't take things too easily.

The kids slept in and it was strangely the only day Steve thought it would be a good idea to wake them up. I think he thought our lunch reservation was earlier than it was or something. Anyway I slept like a baby knowing I was going to be allowed to sleep in and I was woken by Steve with breakfast in bed. There was scrambled eggs, American style bacon, sourdough toast and tuna salad.... The kind that is tuna, mayo-ish type consistency with finely diced onions and celery. We bought it in a tub for sandwiches but Steve had a stroke of genius that made him think it would go nicely on the breakfast plate. I ate the normal breakfast items and left the tuna.

Peyton came in and gave me her mothers day card while Steve got Brandon up. It was about 9:15am which is the longest he has ever slept in. They wrote on my card together and then he gave it to me with the gift he got me at the mothers day stall, a mouse mat in the shape of a heart with flower print and a pen. Steve then hustled us to get ready and we headed out for our first full day in Orlando.

We decided to go to the Nike store just down the road. Steve and B went to town. Steve got 3 pairs of sneakers and B got a pair of Jordan's. They both got socks and Steve got a Florida gators muscle shirt. Then we headed to downtown Disney to explore and for lunch.

We parked and headed in to look around. We walked down towards the AMC theatres as we were looking for the Ridemakerz store. It had moved as they were renovating so we decided to look later. We went to the Lego Store and looked around and took photos. The kids played with some Lego and Brandon made a car to race. The only thing we bought was a Ninjago headband ninja thing for Peyton.

Sometime in the process a certain Princess had a very messy #2 accident and we needed emergency undies. I searched and eventually came across some in the World of Disney Store. A pack of 6 Princess undies that came inst $30. Bloody expensive undies! I also got my mum the first of her mothers day presents, a Chamilia Disney charm. I got her Tinkerbell. Speaking of mothers day it was time for lunch. We headed to T-Rex and it was only about 5 minutes until we were seated, despite being pretty busy. I'm glad we had an ADR!

Lunch was delicious as usual and we left stuffed to the gills without even thinking about dessert. We wandered around and ended up in Ridemakerz. The boys made two cars, a Francesco and a black Mustang or something. I took Peyton who was seriously bored to buy her something. It was the start of a ridiculous collection of stuffed animals accumulated on this trip. It was a baby Simba. She had cherished the thing though so maybe not too bad of a purchase. We returned and the boys were just finishing up. We then went somewhere for me. The Disney Christmas store. I went a little crazy and got a heap of ornaments and a gorgeous tree skirt. I walked away really happy though cause I looove Christmas stuff! Then I dragged everyone into Goofys Candy Co and got pretzel rods, dipped in milk chic, rolled in crushed butterfingers and drizzled with white choc. Mmmm, I had a bite and ate the rest later in the week.

We finished the afternoon off with dessert at the Ghiradelli Soda Fountain. We shared a banana split, it was as huge as I remembered. We didn't finish it. We went back to the car and headed home. Don't ask me if we ate dinner cause I have no idea. I think we ate eggs on toast or something.

2 comments:

  1. Okay. I've worked my way back to your original posts so I'm starting here and moving forward.

    I'm looking forward to reading about the Fantasy as we're on next year but doing the Western.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking forward to hearing about your trip on the Fantasy as we have booked to do Western in November!

    ReplyDelete