Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 5 - Disney Hollywood Studios



We only had one day for DHS so we decided to make it about one main thing...... Toy Story Mania! Our favourite family ride. We got there nice and early before opening and I was the "sprinter" (yeah right!) to grab the first lot of fast passes. I grabbed them and was soon joined by Steve and the kids to jump straight in the queue for ride number 1. The line moved fairly quickly and it took about 15 minutes to get on. Once it was over we headed across the way to the Toy Story meet and greet with Buzz and Woody. This was a fantastic character greeting. We had a real interaction with them and I also got one of my most favourite photos ever from the photopass shots. As we came out we came across the Green Army Man who saluted me as I took his picture, before ducking away.


Waiting for the park to open

The kids planning the day

My Happy

The Hat

Just after we got our first set of FP

Woohoo

TSM

The Claw!

Waiting for Buzz and Woody

The gang and us

Playing with Peytons beloved Simba

My FAVOURITE shot


Green Army Man

It was then time to use our fast passes so we jumped back in the fast pass queue. I don't remember if I mentioned it but they were definitely enforcing the return time windows on fast passes. In all honesty it wasn't that bad and we just planned out activities accordingly. As we came off TSM we were able to grab more fastpasses so we did! We then grabbed some popcorn and frozen cokes for a snack (Peyton spilled the popcorn all over the ground)  then headed towards the Backlot Tour ride. Brandon loved this, all the action was right down his alley. Peyton on the other hand was terrified of the bangs and the fire and well all of it. She clung to either Steve or I during the whole ordeal.


Backlot Tour

Backlot Tour

Peyton showing off a lovely fountain

We made it through the Backlot Tour in one piece then we decided to see the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. We stopped very briefly at Writers Stop to grab a snack then rushed to the show just in time. The snacks we got were a chocolate chip Mickey cookie, which we had had before so we knew it was huge and yummy and a cheese danish. We had never seen this particular show so we didn't know what to expect. I liked it enough but the kids thought it was awesome, with the fighting, people falling off tall buildings and fire/explosions etc. 


Choc Chip Mickey Cookie

Cheese Danish

Indiana Jones Stunt Show


More action

We filed out with the crowd and then headed back to Pixar Place once more to ride TSM for the final time. With TSM done it was time for our lunch time ADR at Sci Fi Dine In. This place was really cool. It had old fashioned cars all lined up like at the drive in, with a big screen showing movie clips. The food was really yummy but the shakes were the best! I had a strawberry shake and it was so thick I couldn't even suck it through the straw! I would've been better off with a spoon. We had the onion rings to start and for mains Steve had the burger and fries and I had the pasta. It was bowtie pasta in a creamy sauce with shrimp and tomato. Unfortunately I didn't finish it all. 


Sci Fi Dine In

Strawberry THICK shake

Kids chillin in our car

'
The entertainment

Onion rings!

Shrimp bowtie pasta

Burger and fries

After lunch Steve wanted to ride Star Tours so I took the kids to meet some Playhouse Disney characters. Jake the Neverland Pirate was high on our list. We got to the line and met Handy Manny first then we got to meet Jake. Peyton was so happy! Steve wansn't back yet so we went and explored to find the character meeting spot which was nice and cool inside with lovely air conditioning. We met Pooh, Mr Incredible and Frozone and Sorcerer Mickey. The kids really got into the character meets from this point on. While we were in the area I said I wanted to look at the Disney art for sale and I loved so much of it but never could make up my mind on what to buy. I swear next time I will buy something!


Handy Manny

Jake!




We decided to go and watch the Muppets 3D, although the kids weren't that keen on the idea once they got in they found the show amusing and enjoyed themselves. We were getting tired by this point and decided to try our luck meeting Sully and Mike Wazowlski and Phineas and Ferb before we went home. Well we were in luck and it wasn't too long of a wait and the kids went over for autographs and photos. We then decided to call it a day in the park and to go.


Excited for Phineas an Ferb

Monsters Inc.

Waiting for Muppets 3D

Some TSM Shots

After TSM


I decided it was time to shop so we drove over to the Florida Mall and had a bit of a shop. God knows what I got that day, I did get Brandon an outfit for formal night on the cruise but we didn't stay too long as the kids were tired and shopping wasn't high on their agenda. We went home and hit the hay for a big day and an early start at Animal Kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pasta. I'll have to remember to stop there when we're there. Love the B and Woody pic too. Hope you will frame that one when you get home.

    ReplyDelete