Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 6 - Part II - EPCOT

We finished up our day at Animal Kingdom and headed over to EPCOT. On the way it seemed that the day had won out over Brandon and the poor bugger had conked out. He didn't even wake up when we got there so we lugged him out of the car and plonked him in the pram. He stayed asleep for quite awhile.

Poor kid couldn't even stay upright

Shot from the car park

EPCOT with Brandon hiding somewhere close by in the pram


We went through the turnstiles and got an obligatory photo of us in front of the giant EPCOT "ball". Peyton was in the photo but poor Brandon was not. I didn't really have big plans for EPCOT as we were on limited time but I really wanted to see IlllumiNations and walk all the way around the World Showcase. We skipped all the rides as Brandon was asleep and Peyton didn't care too much to go on any. The ones I would have liked to do were out anyway. Test Track was closed and Peyton was too short for Soarin' . We cut our losses and wandered around the Innoventions Pavilion which was almost empty. Peyton played a Piggy Bank game that teaches about saving which she really enjoyed, although I'm not sure how much of the lesson sunk in.







We then headed out and towards the World Showcase. We checked out quite a few of the topiaries on display for the Flower and Garden Festival. They were really cool and so well done. Brandon woke up around the UK pavilion where we stopped so Peyton could get fish and chips for dinner. Steve and her polished it off and Brandon just wasn't hungry.


Showing off a fountain

Being a butterfly

A cool sand sculpture

Rabbit & Tigger

Cinderella & Prince Charming


Beast with Belle

Mater Topiary

Lightning McQueen Topiary

Buzz and Woody

Lotso


We kept going and stopped in France where I chose my dinner. I got a yummy turkey and brie baguette and a creme brulee, oh the goodness of it.. I got Steve the quiche lorraine. We just explored the pavilions at leisure with the kids stopping at each country and colouring at the Kidcot stations along the way. It was a nice relaxing evening. I did make a deliberate stop in Germany to go in and check out the delectable delights of the caramel shop. It even smelt amazing! I took some photos and got a caramel popcorn for the kiddos and a caramel pecan thingo for myself.

Turkey & Brie

Quiche Lorraine

Creme Brulee

Caramel Apples

Caramel and Chocolate Strawberries

Pretzel Rods

Assorted Caramel Goodness


After out caramel stop we decided to find a spot to wait for IllumiNations. The waterfron real estate was starting to fill up so I got myself a spot and stayed until it started. The only bad thing was it started to rain. Just a painful constant drizzle. We sucked it up and waited for the show. I ended up with really crappy pictures. I was so disappointed but oh well. I got a decent place to rest my camera because I don't lug a tripod around but I still didn't get the shots I wanted. I guess there will be a next time. The worst part was there were raindrops on my lens but because it was so dark I couldn't see.









After the show we packed up and headed out with the crowds. We did make a quick pitstop in a shop to get a Mickey ears hat for a friend back home. While we were waiting the kids tried on funny hats. I think I purchased a top and jumper for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment